Kent Turkeys Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales and owner of the website www.kentturkeys.co.uk.
We are committed to respecting your privacy rights and maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Kent Turkeys Ltd. We will always handle your data fairly & legally and will be transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
How we use your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement & only if you have opted in, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
– to manage customer service interactions with you;
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Marketing – Promotional Communications
Kent Turkeys Ltd uses your personal data for electronic (email) marketing purposes only (with your consent through signing up to receive these communications) to keep you up to date with the latest news, events & offers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
– Changing the marketing preferences on your Mailchimp account with Kent Turkeys Ltd.
– Using the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
– Contacting Kent Turkeys Ltd via the contact channels given at the end of this policy
Sharing data with third parties
We will never share, sell or rent your data to third parties for marketing reasons. We do work with other service providers including IT & marketing service providers who we may need to share your personal data with. We only allow service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
In addition to our own suppliers, we may share your data with:
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain your data for electronic marketing purposes until such time that you unsubscribe or request for your personal data to be forgotten.
What personal data do we collect?
Kent Turkeys Ltd may collect the following information about you:
– your name;
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
– your e-mail address;
– you date of birth
– purchases & orders made by you;
– your online browsing activities on our website;
– your password(s);
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Jenni Rogers Jewellery; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our website or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a collection or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
– (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Kent Turkeys Ltd processing customer personal data
Kent Turkeys Ltd collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
– complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Kent Turkeys Ltd, including:-
– selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
– sending promotional communications
– understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– protecting Kent Turkeys Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Kent Turkeys Ltd;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Kent Turkeys Ltd; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and shareholders
Kent Turkeys Ltd
Woolpack Corner Farm, Biddenden, Kent TN27 8BU
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
– For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online site navigation.
– To enable Kent Turkeys to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
When someone visits www.kentturkeys.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Updates to this policy
This policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.